How Employee Self Service Helps HR to Make an Impact
In today’s hustling world, employee self-service (ESS) is a popular HR software feature that is equally adaptable, mobile-friendly, and high-performance that every organization strives to become. With the most modern human resource information system (HRIS), employee self-service allows employees to take care of different job-related and human resources-related tasks that would otherwise need to be completed by HR personnel or the management.
What is Employee Self Service?
ESS is a self-service portal that works on a simple and basic concept. It provides a software platform that helps all employees of the organization to easily connect at their convenience and manage their own payroll, add or update personal information, apply to leave requests, change tax-related information, timesheet management, access important documents, and even perform other administration problems themselves, rather than depending on administration and IT staff.
But how does ESS Help HR?
1) One of the biggest issues that HR managers face is that they do not have time to implement ideas as they need to spend a lot of time entering employee data, sanctioning leaves, etc. Using the ESS portal employees can perform things on their own which gradually lowers the stress of the HR.
2) When employee details are entered in papers and slipped into physical folders, they are vulnerable to loss and damage or even misuse. With the advancement in technology, the ESS portal helps the administrative team or the HR professionals to migrate sensitive data to the cloud and ensure higher data security.
3) Wide range of HR operations that were previously performed via a paper transaction or some online solutions like spreadsheets can now be handled with a single gateway.
4) HR, managers can easily receive notifications and alerts for leave applications, shift changes, birthdays, upcoming holidays, etc. And even HR can easily notify employees regarding any sort of company news, events, or work-related issues.
5) With ESS, the hours spent on updating employee data would be eliminated, allowing more time for improving the work environment, thus saving money on workforce-related costs. ESS boosts every business through increased productivity, improved compliance, and time and energy savings.
6) Routine HR administration sucks time and energy from management but with an ESS system in place, the HR would get the opportunity to focus on things like hiring, and training, strategic business partnership activities, company events, etc.
7) At any point in time, employees can look back to the information like documents related to benefits, salary revisions, safety procedures, complaints, and other company policies stored on the ESS portal and confirm its authenticity. They don’t have to spend time tracking email threads and approaching the HR team or the HR manager with endless doubts.
The Bottom Line:
Employee self-service is a great way to support your HR team to bolster their efforts. A well-thought-out employee self-service portal can provide 24/7 support, ease the burden, and saves a lot of time.
If you would like to integrate an employee self-service (ESS Portal) in your company, Infinigent, the leading provider of HR software solutions provides the best & comprehensive employee self-service software to save your valuable time and increase employee engagement.